What is a USI?
The Unique Student Identifier (USI) is a reference number made up of 10 numbers and letters that:
• Creates a secure online record of students recognised training and qualifications gained in Australia, even from different training organisations
• Will give students access to their training records and transcripts
• Can be accessed online, anytime and anywhere
• Is free and easy to create
• Stays with students for life making it easy for them to access information after they have left school.
Who needs a USI and why?
If students are undertaking a nationally recognised training course, they need a USI in order to receive their qualification or statement of attainment. If they do not have their USI, they will not receive this.
Students will be able to access all training records linked with their USI and produce a comprehensive transcript of their training. This can then be used when applying for a job, seeking a credit transfer or demonstrating pre-requisites when undertaking further training.
How to get a USI
Students will need to access the USI website https://www.usi.gov.au/ which will take them through the process of creating their own USI. This USI number must then be provided to Eaton Community College for recording against any training. Further information can be accessed on the USI website, by reading the factsheet attached or speaking with the VET Manager.
Does the school need student’s USI’s?
Yes! The school is required to record the student’s USI number. This is provided to our Registered Training Organisations who will issue certificates and statement of attainments to students.
Click here to download the USI Student factsheet.